Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kidney Stone

I had today off work anyway. What a way to spend it....

I am on the Panadeine Forte. (This will explain the rambling, and any other posts tonight). It looks like I have another kidney stone. Scan tomorrow morning to confirm.

Yesterday lunchtime I felt like I needed to go to the loo, but didn't need to, but felt that way all afternoon.

Darren went to nightshift and my sister called in. Lucky. I all of a sudden had agonising back and side pain on the left. Worse pain than Archer's labour... No joke.

Archer was mimicking the awful noises and sounds I was making, which was very funny and made the bad situation of me rolling around on my bed like a whale, have a lighter side!

My sister got my parents around and Dad took me to Casualty. 4 hours later I saw a doctor who sent me home with the painkillers and instructions to go to GP and org a scan. Dazzler came home from work as my sister rang him.

All this was happening as the worst weather I've seen for a long time was going on and we lost power! Crazy!

Woke at 1.30am with mega pain again and rang hospital and they said take another tablet and stay in bed. Lasted about 20 mins and now is a continuous dull ache in back and left hand side.

So Archer will be off to bed soon, and I will go also.

I passed my last kidney stone without knowing so fingers crossed for the same! lol.

I apologise for my drug induced rambling... Talk tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Belinda you poor thing xx hope you feel better very soon but had to giggle about Archer imitating the sounds! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I feel so bad for you. Fingers crossed for a decent night's sleep tonight and for a quick resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about another kidney stone! Hope it's sorted quickly for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sounds painful - I hope you feel better soon. Very funny about Archer's imitations though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geez, and I thought I was having a bad day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't sound fun at all!! Hope you're feeling better now and hope it sorts itself out quickly xo

    ReplyDelete