Thursday, August 6, 2009

If you could look into the future....

Today we had Gymbaroo. Archer loves it, and it has benefited him greatly.

One of the other mum's announced her 2nd pregnancy which is great. A lot of the other mums are pregnant.

It has me thinking about Archer and that he is likely to be an only child. I am scared about having another baby, due to the fact I will never know what caused Archer's stroke inutero.

I am happy to only have one baby, who I love more than I could ever have imagined.

As awful as it sounds, I never wanted children.

The best decision I ever made was to 'give in' to the darling Dazzler, who harped on me for our first eight years of marriage for a child.

I miscarried my first pregnancy, and it made me realise I wanted a baby.

I have a wonderful relationship with my sister, my only sibling, who is pregnant, whoo hoo! How will not having a sibling affect Archer?

We ensure Archer has plenty of other kiddie contact, but I wonder will it be enough?

On a brighter note, Archer is snoring softly and I'd love nothing more than to pick him up for a cuddle, but I think it might be best to leave him as is....

4 comments:

  1. Don't fret about it! I don't believe that there's a standard 'right' number of children to have - every family is different! AND I don't think that siblings are any kind of guarantee of happiness ;-). He'll develop relationships with other kids regardless and mostly importantly he'll be muchly loved. I think that's all that really matters!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belinda what will be will be! You still have time you young thang! I am thinking 2 is enough for me as I am already emotionally tipped over the edge! lol It will get hard when and if ARcher starts asking though! Cooper is on my case most days for "two brothers"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the girls above! You love your little family, and that's all that matters : )

    I think there is a lot of pressure to have a 2nd child from family/society. But I don't think there is a family size that is right or wrong for our children. Lots of love is all that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belinda - only you know what is best for your family. I'm sure Archer will be happy as an only child or as a big brother. I think it is how you parent him that is more important than how many siblings you give him.

    ReplyDelete