Saturday, March 20, 2010

Phew...

What a week you've all had!

Just caught up on a weeks worth of your blogs! Don't think I've ever left it this long!

We've been very busy this week. Work, new house things, normal life things. lol!

The major thing for the week though, was taking my Dad to the Epworth on Wednesday for an angiogram on Thursday morning. All went well and I brought him home that afternoon.

This was the first 'thing' that has had to happen to either of my parents. They are only 53 and 54, so they are still young.

In December my Dad started having tests, etc: for Cardiomyopathy, which his father had, and passed away from at 56 years of age.

His ultrasound in December showed enlarging of part of his heart, therefore, the need for an angiogram.

They only told me and my sister 2 weeks ago, (so we didn't worry, especially with Natalie being due), and I reckon we only found out as I had to take Wed off work to take him down. My mum can only visit you in a hospital, if it's a happy occassion! Her legs go weak, and as she says she is 'useless'.

The angiogram results were very good, and no medication at this stage, but future monitoring will be a must.

My grandfather passed away 25 years ago, and medicine and treatment has come a long way since then.

My father is a fit and healthy man, and I think it's a positive you can look out for certain things and get onto them quickly if need be! Had felt awful as I had pestered him to look into it all.

I've had an odd week, with a lot of bad things happening to friends. Sickness, unexpected break ups and unfortunatley a death of a former work colleague.

Here's to an uneventful week coming up, full of love, laughter and great health to all! xx.

4 comments:

  1. How scary! I agree monitoring is the best. He is only young isn't he.

    My Dad had a huge high blood pressure late last year which was 244/136 and he only went to GP cos my mum made him as he was forgetting things. Ended up he had alot of tiny strokes and lucky to be alive, so much better to be monitored before getting to that stage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news about your dad - checking up and monitoring is the best way to go. Here's to a great week for you next week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your dad is OK - what a worry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your dad's need for the hospital visit Belinda. BUT glad to hear that he's being proactive. We're lucky to live in a time where early detection, treatment and lifestyle changes means that we can do so much more about health issues like this. I hope he stays really healthy.

    ON a different note, What's the new house things news???? I am very curious now ;-).

    ReplyDelete