Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Yesterday we went to RCH for Archer to have a mould made for an AFO.

It was so much quicker than we thought and he was sooooo good!

We pick it up in 3 weeks. We got to look at one already made and now understand a bit more about them.

I get very emotional seeing all the other kids there.

I had dinner plans with girlfriends last night when we got home. I had a great night, but didn't get home until 12.30am. Worked today (7.30am start) so am now tired and moody! No one to blame but myself....

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear Archer was a good boy for the moulding!

    Maybe FIL needs to be shown how much they benefit kids with CP. I was hesitant myself at first just because I thought no she doesn't need them, but now I am so glad and they make the world of differnce.

    Look forward to seeing some photos with Archer wearing them in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news about the AFO moulding being stress free. I agree that the RCH is such an eye opener, it really puts things in perspective.

    Could you give FIL a brochure from the RCH? or get your physio to speak with him at a next home visit?

    Family is HARD work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it all went well.

    Tough one about your FIL. Try not to be upset by him. He's probably trying to get his head around it all. I agree with Bron & Sarah. Information can be really helpful. It could well be that he just doesn't get it. It's a steep learning curve for us all ;-).

    Di
    xo

    ReplyDelete